The Student Organization Catering Fund
THE CATERING FUND IS CLOSED FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR
The Student Organization Catering Fund, presented jointly by UChicago Dining and Bon Appetit, offers the opportunity for recognized student organizations to request catering for special events. This catering fund is a line of credit established with Bon Appetit, UChicago Dining’s on-campus food service provider.
Student Organization Catering Guidelines:
- Your request must be received by UChicago Dining via email (email@example.com) at least 14 days before your event. Your submissions will be reviewed and a response will be emailed to the contact name provided no later than 5 business days after that.
All applications should include:
1. A brief description of your event
2. A description of how having free catering at your event will allow you to expand the reach of your event (additional speakers, enhanced marketing, etc.)
3. The Catering Fund form attached as a pdf
- These three items (the description of the event, the programming expansion description, and the completed form) will serve as the materials upon which the decisions are made.
- The Catering Fund reserves the right to award only part of the request.
- The Catering Fund will only fund events that are on campus.
- All catering for this fund is pick-up only. Reliable transportation will need to be provided by the organization. Catering may be picked up by informing the cashier at the Maroon Market in Bartlett Hall.
- Orders for Saturday evening may require special accommodation. Please be sure to apply well in advance of your event so these logistics can be worked out.
- The Catering Fund is not an allocation of money, but rather a line of credit.
Before making a catering request, consider the following:
- How will you transport your order? All catering is for pick-up only. There are no exceptions. This means that you will need to provide a reliable means of transportation, especially for large orders.
- Where is your event located? Consider whether your location has enough table space to hold your food and beverages, and/or a refrigerator or oven in which to store perishable foods.
- What kind of event are you hosting? Whether it lasts one hour or all day, consider whether your event will be relaxed, with people coming and going, or a more formal affair with a set mealtime.
- How many people will be attending? A good rule of thumb, when it comes to catering, is to provide four to five items per person.
**Please note that there will be additional options added in Winter 2017, please feel free to suggest items that you would like to see by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org