The Registered Student Organization Catering Fund
****Fall Quarter of 2019 ****
The Registered Student Organization Catering Fund is now accepting and reviewing applications for the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Submit your application today!!
The Student Organization Catering Fund, presented by UChicago Dining and Bon Appetit, offers the opportunity for Registered Student Organizations to request catering for special events. This catering fund is a line of credit established with Bon Appetit, UChicago Dining’s on-campus food service provider Bon Appetit to allow students to have real life experience planning, executing and closing events.
Registered Student Organization Catering Guidelines:
- You must be a Registered Student Organization (RSO) through the Center for Leadership and Involvement (CLI). Other Registered/Student Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Your request must be received by UChicago Dining via email (email@example.com) at least 14 days before your event.
- Submissions are and will be reviewed every Tuesday only.
- A response will be emailed to the contact(s) name provided no later than Thursday evening end of business day.
All applications should include:
1. A brief description of your event. (Please include this within your email) Subject Line must include your organizations’ full name and date of event.
2. A description of how having sponsored catering from UChicago Dining and Bon Appetit at your event will allow you to expand the reach of your event. (i.e. will this gain additional speakers, assist in enhancing marketing, etc.)
3. The Catering Fund form menu application must be attached as a pdf. The form must be completely and legibly filled, or your application will be denied.
4. Large, complex or multi-day events, must also submit a completed application. Please submit pertinent details of your event within the body of your email. Also, submit your contacts availability for a phone conference (typically 16-20 minutes)
The aforementioned items will serve as the materials upon which the decisions are made.
- The Catering Fund reserves the right to award only part of the request.
- The Catering Fund will only fund events that are on campus. Reserved space is confirmed, prior to decision.
- Catering from this fund is pick-up, unless identified as a complex or large event. If pick up is approved reliable team assistance will need to be provided by the organization. Catering may be picked up at the nearest dining commons, including International House.
- Orders for Saturday evening will require delivery. Please be sure to apply well in advance of your event so these logistics can be worked out.
- The Catering Fund is not an allocation of money, but rather a line of credit. Event modification fees will be the responsibility of the organization. Once the event is closed you will receive an invoice to settle with Bon Appetit. Any additional fees are not for profit, but for the services needed to efficiently and effectively execute your event.
Before making a catering request, consider the following:
- Where is your event located? Consider whether your location has enough table space to hold your food and beverages, and/or a refrigerator or oven in which to store perishable foods.
- What kind of event are you hosting? Whether it lasts one hour or all day, consider whether your event will be relaxed, with people coming and going, or a more formal affair with a set mealtime.
- How many people will be attending? A good rule of thumb, when it comes to catering, is to provide four to five items per person.
Please feel free to email the Catering Fund Committee for any questions may have at firstname.lastname@example.org