If a resident student reports an illness that would prevent them from being able to pick up their meal, their resident head may assist them by completing this Sick Resident Food Pick-Up Form.
- The sick student should reach out to their network to find up to three volunteers who are either a fellow resident student or a staff member that have agreed to pick up the sick student’s meals.
- These meals will be deducted from their regular meal plan and will not count towards the student’s ten to-go meals per quarter.
- After the form is completed, the requesting staff member, sick student, volunteer(s) and dining staff will receive an email informing them that the student has been successfully registered for sick meals.
- When picking up a meal, the volunteer(s) must show their UChicago ID and inform the cashier they are there to pick up a sick meal.
- At each location will be a sick meal binder, and the cashier will notate who picked up the sick meal, the date and meal period on the corresponding form.
- The cashier will provide disposable containers for one meal to be returned to the sick individual.
- The volunteer retrieving the meal will be responsible for choosing what food the sick individual receives.
- Food preferences should be discussed between the student and the volunteer.
- UChicago Dining is not responsible for the selection of food the sick student receives.
Resident Heads: Please complete this form for each sick student completely. You will be asked to enter up to three volunteers, first and last name and their email. The sick student will be allowed sick meals for three full days.
- For example, if you complete the form on Tuesday, 2/7, and select lunch as the first meal, pick-up on the student’s behalf will be for
- 2/7 lunch and dinner
- 2/8 breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 2/9 breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2/10 breakfast
If the student needs more time before they can pick up their meals, or you need to update the volunteer information, you can contact UChicago Dining through email at email@example.com.
Requesting Resident Head Name/HRL Staff
Which meal period will pick-up begin with on the date above?
Sick student should reach out to their network to see who will pick up meals on behalf of the student and they should provide you with up to three names and email addresses. We require at least one, which could be yourself or another staff member.
Pick-up Volunteer Name #1
Pick-up Volunteer Name #2
Pick-up Volunteer Name #3